Wednesday, June 25, 2008

It's free indeed

After months of tug of war between Selangor state government with Syabas on the issue of 'free water', the promise finally materialised. I received my water bill today and the indeed it has been 'deducted' the first 20 m3 of water used.
But I don't quite understand the way they calculated the deduction. To my understanding the 20m3 deduction should worth RM11.40. However in the bill it only deducted RM8.89. The total water consumption was 29 m3. I think it was being pro-rated based on the breakdown of the charges. My net payable amount is RM12.35.

If you really noticed or followed the development of the 'free water' issue, the 'free water' is not really free at all. It was paid by KDEB (
state government wholly-owned company, Kumpulan Darul Ehsan Bhd) where Syabas actually charged the 20 m3 water to KDEB instead of the Selangor residents. Actually there is no such thing as free lunch.

1 comment:

d'Lion said...

Yes bro, no free lunch and no free water. Go to kedai kopi and the price of water now could be 50 cents (based on locations)