Thursday, September 24, 2009

Another successful take off


Today we managed to successfully make the newly bought kite take off after failing to make it through yesterday. It was a great feeling. The kids needed to say they were ecstatic.

I bought 2 handmade kites from a Chinese uncle at our Kajang town area. I believe he is the only person in Kajang is making it or maybe the only person left doing it. The materials used are still very traditional - bamboo stick and paper. Even the Ben Ten cartoon was hand drawn and painted. Very rare indeed.

Personally, I don't know when was the last time I fly a kite. The last I remember when I was Standard One back at Perak small town just before I moved out to KL city. Boy it must have been very very very long time ago. Well, glad able to recollect some good old childhood fond memories.



video

2 comments:

Tandanie said...

Wow! Ivan looks like a pro... It's fun!

cck said...

That was after many attempts being made...by the Daddy. Thank God the kite did fly and makes the kids happy. Daddy sweats so that son looks pro ;P