Tuesday, May 12, 2009

RON97 petrol price revised

The price of RON97 premium petrol will be increased to RM2 per litre from current RM1.80 effective Sept 1 onwards.

The 20 sen increase (11%) per litre takes effect when RON95 becomes available nationwide. RON95 petrol and Euro 2M grade diesel are expected to hit the market by Sept 1. RON95 is a higher grade and will replace RON92 but will be sold at the same price as the lower-grade petrol.

An octane rating is often referred to as an 'anti-knock index'. If fuel has a high octane number, it will have a higher resistance to engine knocking.

If I am not wrong my Toyota Avanza can use RON95 (ordinary unleaded) as specified in the manual book. I suggest we all go back and read our car manual book to find more so that we will be using the appropriate fuel for our car. I better double check mine too.

1 comment:

cck said...

My Avanza can used RON 90 and higher. So no problem using RON95. Slightly cheaper anyway at RM1.75 per litre.