Monday, July 13, 2009

Keep God out of football?

Kaka in ‘I Belong to Jesus’ T-shirt during the Confederations Cup final last month

The headline really caught my eyes and I can't help it but search and find what actually it's all about.
FIFA has sparked controversy after disciplining the Brazilian team for overt displays of Christianity during a match. Stars including £56million Real Madrid forward Kaka and captain Lucio revealed T-shirts with devout slogans such as ‘I Belong to Jesus’ and ‘I Love God’ during the Confederations Cup final last month. Now FIFA has risked accusations of being ‘anti-religious’ by reminding Brazil of its guidelines banning players from making displays of a personal, religious or political nature on the football pitch.

Seeing it, first of all I have to comment my respect to the international superstar player for his dedicated faith in Christ, unashamedly confessing that he belong to Jesus. I believe this is how he wants to give God the glory and praise in his football matches after making scores. Truly bringing God to his work.

Secondly, can FIFA actually keep God out of football? I don't thing so. Hey, God likes football too. That's why it is still existed until now.

This news really encouraging knowing that there are still people like Kaka an international stardom person would choose to live his life for God. Brabo!

2 comments:

joshua said...

Interesting post!

If really there is a guideline banning players from making displays of a personal, religious or political nature on the football pitch, then I think Christians should set an eg by being law-abiding players...Soon, we may have 'Allahukhabar' or 'Ammoonitophat' etc, you get what I mean....8)

cck said...

You got a very point there. Give back to Ceaser what is Ceaser!