Thursday, December 18, 2008

Bird Flu at Cambodia

Today I just discovered news about the detection of avian influenza at Cambodia via The Sun newspaper. Immediately it caught my attention.

Yesterday the Ministry of Health of Cambodia has announced a new confirmed case of human infection with the H5N1 avian influenza virus. The unfortunate victim is a male from Kandal province, the same place where the development project I am involving right now. That is really close. So for precaution sake, better stay off from chicken meat in my meal.

Further reading click here

2 comments:

d'Lion said...

Don't go near any "bird" looking creatures.

With the virus jumping from one creature to another, better become a vegetarian. No birds, no pork, no beef. How bout trying insects.

cck said...

Wow inset is a bit extreme. I prefer vege than....I don't something 'bug' me later