Here are guidelines for pregnant women about the use of these products, courtesy of the American Pregnancy Association:
- Try to avoid treatments that straighten, bleach, perm or color hair until the .
- Make sure that any treatment is applied in a well-ventilated area.
- Don't leave hair chemicals in longer than necessary.
- Make sure your hair and scalp are thoroughly rinsed with water after the treatment.
- Always wear gloves when applying these chemicals yourself, and always follow manufacturer directions carefully.
- Try testing on a small patch of hair first, to monitor for any .