THE Kajang municipality has been identified as the area with the third highest number of dengue cases in Selangor. Since the start of the year till now, 1,477 dengue cases have been recorded under the Kajang Municipal Council (MPKj), ranking it below the Shah Alam City Council (MBSA) with 2,266 cases and the Klang Municipal Council (MPK) with 1,537 cases. Until today there were 3 deaths were recorded between Week 1 and 35.
The dengue cases involve both dengue fever and haemorrhagic dengue fever. The hotspot has been identified as Taman Pelangi in Semenyih with 15 cases and a dengue alert has been issued for the area till Sept 10.
I just got to know today, one of my church brother Philip Ng was admitted to hospital yesterday due to dengue fever. Thank God nothing serious as he will be discharged today as doctor confirmed his blood count is back to normal.
The raising case of dengue fever is picking up and we need to be cautious and take necessary action to prevent it. My main concern is our 2 little kids - Ivan and Reanne.
This is the recommended prevention which all of us can do:
- Spend average 10 mins every weekend find, detect and eliminate potential breading ground of Aedes mosquito. Spray repellent at area which could hide mosquito.
- Get early treatment immediately if found any symptoms suspected dengue fever
- Limit your time at outdoor when Aedes mosquito is most active and feeds during the day
- Use mosquito nets to prevent possible entry
Other symptoms include
- constant headaches;
- bleeding from nose, mouth or gums;
- severe dizziness; and,
- loss of appetite