Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Cheaper roti canai. Really?

After reading yesterday news saying that consumers in the Klang Valley have reason to smile as the prices of nasi kandar, teh tarik and roti canai are being reduced immediately. So I decided today for another round of roti canai as breakfast. It is reported Nasi kandar will see a reduction of 20 sen a plate, while roti canai (and other roti items such as roti telur, roti pisang, etc) and teh tarik will see a reduction of 10 sen each.

Guess what? I am not quite smiling after looking at the bill. Roti canai is still RM0.90 a piece in my office area at Seri Kembangan. Curiosity take the better hold of me or I should say dissatisfactions. I opened my mouth and asked the operator "isn't that Government had said roti canai has been reduced?". The operator can only smile at me.

I guess I don't really have a good reason to smile this morning. Maybe the restaurant operator does because he did it to me.

4 comments:

d'Lion said...

Same same here, the roti canai and teh for my breakfast yesterday and today is still the same. Not lower.

richrach said...

yesterday, today... and forever? :o

actually, the govt need not promise this kind of thing... it brings them more shame i'd say... BACKFIRED!

d'Lion said...

Govmen aledi red faced

cck said...

I wonder where they (MPs) have their roti canai? Or maybe MPs roti canai has special rates?! Hey why not do it like the petrol price. From now on all roti canai biasa (overall 6 inch size) will be reduced to RM0.80 nationwide. Hahahaha......