Thursday, November 20, 2008

From a distance

Before I go to Cambodia, I only know the country from a distance.......mainly from TV channel such as National Geographic and travel channels. Unbelievable now I was there. Indirectly participated in the country development at properties sector.

The country just open its door last 3 years after decades of civil wars. The country and its people suffered greatly due to the bloody war. But my presence there, I don't seem to notice it. Not at the people faces. There seems to be a lot of energy to move....forward indefinitely. Unfortunately not all past can be forgotten. Behind the hustle and bustle, the scars of war surfaced from the certain people take have to live with it.........the victim of land mines. But not all without hope. The country young generation like I mentioned with its energy earlier will leap forward.


I only managed to capture few photos here and there to share. I hope I can capture more next round.


From the hotel......
the Mekong river

From the city road...

4 comments:

d'Lion said...

You are helping them in re-building, keep it up bro.

cck said...

As the Lord lead, I follow

richrach said...

nation transformation! literally! :)
oh yes, u surely have more opportunity to take more pix next time. No worries about that, we can wait. hehe...

cck said...

wo...sound so serious and heavy responsibility. Just hope don't turn out to be like Jonah. Lets start with the baby step...

And definitely more pix. I try to be travel photojournalist la!