Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Give me oil to my CAR

After almost a week since the new petrol price being imposed by Pak Lah’s government, I finally pump the pricy RM2.70 per litre petrol into my 1.5L Avanza.

Some of you might already guess I probably have pump immediately after the announcement being made on 4 June. You are definitely right. I did and almost at the final hour of the closure. I managed to get full tank at about 11.40pm after queuing an hour.

Pretty silly or kiasu isn’t it. Come on, who isn’t. We are talking 40.6% increase!!! My normal 31.25 litre which previously cost me RM60, now accelerated to RM84.40! RM24 bucks increment! Its also translate that what I use to enjoyed RM0.15-RM0.16 per km consumption now rocketed to RM0.21-RM0.22 per km. If that doesn’t makes you jump, I guess you are pretty loaded.

Today I pump in extra full tank of 37.41 litre at RM101.00. I used my newly applied Maybank Visa Petronas credit card that allows holder to accumulate points for petrol voucher redemption. The card is lifetime free membership. Hope it helps in long run beside the beanut RM625 rebate.


What makes matter worst is Pak Lah’s government gonna review the price monthly. What a bummer!

Lord, we ask for a just and wise government to manage this nation with no hanky panky money business. Let it be before this present leaders make it unreverseable.

4 comments:

richrach said...

Amen!
Dividing the rebate respectively for the 12 mths in a year, it is only RM50+ a month and that's pretty ridiculous, esp for those travel A LOT on a daily basis.

Some ppl may gain, esp when they stay/work/party in the same area... but not for us though. sigh... double sigh.

d'Lion said...

I pumped petrol last monday b4 the price hike.

This week I pumped full tank. Previous full tank price around RM60 now it is over RM80.

richrach said...

hey, i just thought of this...

"Give me oil to my car...
Keep me running, running, running..."

Kakakaka....

cck said...

I like tat! Lets sing it to Pak Lah